Sunday, July 1, 2012

josh had gotten me a kobo e-book reader for my birthday but i was worried about stuff in my bag scratching the screen. i didn't like the cases i saw in stores so i made my own. i saw this easy tutorial online and decided to give it a try, but using thin quilt batting instead of felt. i've heard about people testing out whole sewing projects on plain cotton or muslin beforehand so they can make mistakes and mess up on it instead of wasting their nice fabric, which is a smart idea if you haven't made the thing before. the extra 1/2 inch measurements around the reader suggested by the tutorial were not enough and the reader would not fit with 5.5" and 7.5" pieces, so i had to start over again and cut new fabric, adding another 1/2 inch all around making my pieces 6" by 8". i also tried adding a lining for the first time, using my favourite polka dot flannel fabric from nani iro.





1 comment:

Owen said...

YO I JUST FINISHED WATCHING GAME OF THRONES, SO COOOOL MAN